- Pinewood Derby
- Summer Camps
- Pack Activities
Cub Scout uniforms are worn at most Pack and Den functions! The Pack also has Pack t-shirts that can be worn for more informal Pack events (hikes, fishing, camping, etc). The Uniform Inspection Guidelines document attached also shows the placement of the various patches and awards. Anything that doesn't go on the uniform can be sewn onto a red Cub Scout vest (available at the Scout Store, or make your own from simple red felt).
Here are the Pack’s uniform requirements:
Tiger Cubs (1st graders), Wolf Cubs (2nd grade), and Bear Cubs (3rd grade)
- Blue Cub Scout shirt (short sleeve recommended for year-round wear)
- Council and unit patches:
- National Capital Area Council patch (Left sleeve at shoulder seam)
- Red & white Pack numbers—478 (Left sleeve below council patch, 2 3/4 in from shoulder seam)
- World Scout Crest emblem--round, purple patch (1” above left breast pocket, centered)
- Cub Scout Cap Tiger cap (navy with orange front) Wolf cap (navy with gold front) Bear cap (navy with light blue front)
- Neckerchief Tiger (orange) Wolf (gold) Bear (light blue)
- Neckerchief slide Tiger (gold/orange with tiger) Wolf (gold/red with wolf) Bear (gold/green with bear)
- Recommended, but not required: Blue Cub Scout web belt with Tiger, Wolf, or Bear buckle
- Optional: blue Cub Scout pants (jeans or other blue pants are fine)
- Note: The Pack does not use Den numbers on uniforms. Also, Tigers are given their “Tiger Paw” advancement totem.
Webelos (4th and 5th grade boys)
- Blue Cub Scout shirt or khaki Boy Scout shirt (short sleeve recommended)
- Blue epaulets (if wearing tan shirt)
- Webelos Colors (gold, red, green ribbon set for holding Webelos Badges)
- Council and unit Patches (same as Tiger, Wolf, Bear; please see above)
- Neckerchief: Plaid with Webelos emblem
- Webelos neckerchief slide
- Webelos Hat: Olive hat with plaid front (or navy with light blue front/Webelos emblem)
- Recommended, but not required: Blue web belt with Webelos buckle
- Optional: blue pants with belt loops (wear with blue shirt) or olive pants with belt loops (wear with tan shirt)
- Note: The Pack does not use Den numbers on uniforms.
Where to Purchase Cub Scout Uniforms: The Scout Store, 9190 Rockville Pike, Bethesda, MD 20814; at the intersection of Rockville Pike and Cedar Lane Phone: 301/564-1091
The Pack also has a uniform box with various uniform items. Pack members can donate or take items from the box at any Pack meeting. Note that the Cub Scout manuals show pictures of how the uniform should look when worn correctly.
Uniform Inspection Guidelines (PDF)